Sunday 19 November 2017
Join us to create some perfect dishes for winter weekends and entertaining. Learn the art of preparing a great roast, how to add flavour and get the best results during cooking. You will utilise a range of knife skills throughout the day to de-bone, trim, chop, dice and carve your way through the menu Angela has planned. You will be able to take home everything you have prepared and freeze it. During class, you will enjoy a taste of all the demonstration dishes for lunch.
Here is your menu:
* Angela will demonstrate how to de-bone a shoulder of Welsh Lamb and make a delicious stuffing, then truss the joint ready to roast for lunch.
You will then follow this to take home.
* Prepare a de-boned half shoulder of Welsh Lamb, stuffed and trussed with mushroom, chestnut and Porcini- chill and take home to roast or freeze.
* Angela will demonstrate how to prepare and cook Crisp Crackling on a Loin of Pork- this will also be served for lunch
* You will then prepare a piece of pork, scoring the skin and making a marinade for the meat, chill and take home to roast or freeze.
* The class will prepare some accompaniments to serve with lunch and learn how to make a classic gravy and sauce to go with each meat.
* In the afternoon you will prepare and roast plums with Vanilla, spices and citrus. These will be used to top a sticky almond cake that you will make – the perfect dessert to follow your roast. Please bring a container to take your roasted plum cake home. We will wrap up your joints of meat.