Saturday 02 February 2019
Angela will explain how to bring together classic combinations and how to roast and blend them ready to use in a range of delicious dishes. You will explore different rubs, marinades and pastes that can form the basis of your everyday cooking, maximizing flavours and enjoyment. There will be plenty to taste!
You will also pick up a range of skills during your preparation of the dishes such as knife skills and different cooking methods, including barbecuing.
We will be preparing and cooking the following-
- Chicken Tikka made with a Spice and Yoghurt marinade, with Garlic and Coriander Naan- both cooked on the BBQ- We will make this together for lunch
- Slow Cooked Vegetable Tajine using Ras el Hannout, with Pomegranate Molasses- Cauliflower Cous Cous
- Goan Seafood Curry using a fresh Masala Spice Paste
- Angela will demonstrate how to make the perfect rice and flavour it with spices and fresh coriander.
- Beef Chilli using an authentic molee
- Throughout the day, Angela will be demonstrating how to make the most of your store-cupboard and how to make 2 spice blends which you can take home and use.
It’s a fantastic day for spice lovers, all you need to bring are some suitable containers to take your food home in.